Club Med Bintan Island

Bintan 31 Dec 03 - 3 Jan 04

Maukitten
483 Posts
Dec
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Hi

I'm going to be in Bintan over the New Year. Will anyone else from the forum be there? Would be nice to meet up!

Any idea what the new CDV and GO team are like? Nice? Friendly?

Thanks.
Maukitten
Please login or register to reply
Ric
520 Posts
Dec
Dear Maukitten,

Food in Bintan is excellent expecially on special event or important festival e.g. Christmas and New Year.

I have no idea about Mr. Hammer. But, I am sure the GO team is very nice. For example,
Liga - from Taiwan, work in reception desk
Taz - from Japan, work in land sport team
Indra - from Bali, tennis GO
Wayan - from Indonesia, in beach team
Ai - from Japan, in beach team
Rachel - in beach team
Rudy - from Indonesia in beach team
Adrain - from Indonesia in Cirucs team
Thea - from Jakarta, very very beautiful
Mario - from Jakarta, land sports GO
etc ....

Actually, all GOs are very nice.

Wish you a great holiday in Bintan Club Med
JAMESSITE
1652 Posts
Dec
If Hammer is Chris from Canada, then you will enjoy him as a CDV. I met him in both Cancun, a singles club, and Punta Cana, a family club, and he functioned very well in both. His wife Julie is part of the entertainment team. Have a great vacation in Bintan.
Ric
520 Posts
Dec
Dear JAMESSITE,

I think you are right.
The name of Mr. "Hammer" is Chris KEELEY.

Maukitten
483 Posts
Dec
Hi Guys

Thankx for the feedback! I'm so looking forward to my holiday! Will report all when I get back.

:-)
Maukitten

PS. Ric, great photos of Phuket! Congrats on doing the catch!
GODJ
1353 Posts
Dec
Yup, Hammer's great. Met him in Buccaneer Creek (Martinique when he was chief of sports and he's really a great guy and so is Julie. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Michael GODJ
zenis
118 Posts
Dec
heh..i'll be there for christmas and i think Jean Marc (CDV) will be stayin' on till Jan...i'll be there for like a week so i'll be sure to update u when i come back Maukitten ;)

Ric, when were u at Bintan? were Cory (golf) and Flo (circus) still there?
Ric
520 Posts
Dec
Dear Maukitten,

Thanks you for viewing my Phuket photos. I really like this photo. I bought this photo immediately when I saw it. Some GOs and GMs also asked me to buy this photo when they saw it. The catcher is Hiro, GO from Japan. I think he just moved from Bali CM to Phuket CM. He is very nice.

Dear Zenis

I was in Bintan from 12 Sep 2003 to 20 Sep 2003. During this nine days, Jean Marc was the Chef of Bintan CM, Flo was the in charge GO of the circus team. But, both Jean Marc and Flo quit Club Med. Sorry, I have no idea about Cory (golf), I just remember golf GO Jun from Korea.

Friends,

When you have time, please visit http://rcheng.ifitsa.com and view my photos.
zenis
118 Posts
Dec
Hey Ric, thanks for the update...though i'm pretty sure Jean Marc is still there at the moment.
nice photos by the way :)
Maukitten
483 Posts
Dec
Thanks Zenis. Looking forward to your updates. Are you going to be there till New Year's eve? Could swap stories in person then.

Some of the GOs from Cherating last season are going to be in Bintan, I think. They are a fun bunch - Is (circus), Charlene (bar), Rotto (chief of sports), Landy (sailing).

Merry Christmas & Haut Les Mains! Have fun in Bintan.
zenis
118 Posts
Dec
nah i'll be there till the 27th...i'll be looking forward to meeting the newly transferred GOs..i hear Cherating is closed now, no?
Ric
520 Posts
Dec
Dear Zenis,

Cherating is closed from Nov 2003 to Mar 2004, re-open as a 4-trident village in 2004
Madi
47 Posts
Dec
Hiya. I was in Bintan from October 28th, until November 4th 2003. I am going back in February. The GO team there at the moment are really cool... Theres a few that i have known for years there. Also, the GO's which have moved from cherating to Bintan are IS, Gheston, Bazz, Rotto. The tennis GO is called Indra, from Bali, the golf GO is called Paul from Australia. Jean Marc is leaving soon. ive known him for a few years, becuse of wen i used 2 go to cherating. Flo left while i was there, hes quit club med now. Yasuo has also left bintan, and is now in Kabira. Anyways, thats just a bit of information. If u wanna know anything else, just ask. Cheers

madi xxx

Madi
Maukitten
483 Posts
Dec
Hi Madi! Thanks for the updates. Bintan is sounding better and better! Looking forward to it, and will provide more updates when I get back. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Haut Les Mains
Maukitten
zenis
118 Posts
Dec
just got back last night. i was there for a week and it was mad. i was expecting it to suck cuz most of the GOs i knew had left for Bali...but it was mad fun. everyone who Madi mentioned was there is still there...Cory and Paul and Noriko in Golf, Dee and Gheston are the lifeguards, Rudy, Ketut, Ai and Momoko in Watersports...they're open if the weather is good...it was good enough for ppl to go surfing while i was there... Indra's still there, Ketut is in Archery (2 Ketuts in Bintan now...). Jean-Marc will be leaving in mid Jan...quitting CM. Flo is in Aus now...

oh and Maukitten, get ready for this trippy new crazy sign Bazz created...its a dangdut remix that's hilarious...i think u're gonna have alotta fun..the team's pretty wild.
Maukitten
483 Posts
Dec
Hi Zenis! Thanx for the update - sounds like a fantastic holiday, and a very fun bunch. I'll definitely be packing my dancing shoes for the dangdut crazy sign!

Am I ever looking forward to Bintan now!

Best wishes for a happy new year to all!

Yrs truly
Maukitten
Ric
520 Posts
Dec
Zenis,
Thanks for your update.

Maukitten,
Wish you have a wonderful New Year holiday in Bintan Club Med.
Maukitten
483 Posts
Dec
Thanks Ric! Happy New Year to you too. Hope you have fun in HK - it's one of my fave places!

Folks! Anyone for a rendezvous in Phuket 30 Jan - 3 Feb? Will be there with a fun bunch, so it would be a ball!

Yrs truly
Maukitten

PS. We are 3 posts away from making this a "hot topic"! :-)
Madi
47 Posts
Dec
Hi Maukitten. Wood love 2 come 2 phuket, but im going 2 be in bintan from 30th January until the 5th February. Maybe next time! Happy new year!

Madi xx

Madi
Maukitten
483 Posts
Dec
Hi Madi

Happy New Year to you too! Some other time then!

We really should organise a rendezvous for all of us on this forum - maybe for the re-opening of Cherating after the renovations?

BTW, everyone, I have quite an extensive collection of crazy signs songs (MP3), so if you are looking for a particular fave, please let me know. If I have it, I can either send you a CD or e-mail the song to you.

Happy New Year to all!

Yrs truly
Maukitten
lizzle
103 Posts
Dec

ah it's a pity...i will be in phuket 21st Feb for a week... At least you'll be able to pass on the GO report before i leave.
Ric
520 Posts
Dec
Dear Maukitten,

If you have time, would you please doing one thing for me ?

One member in this Club Med Net, he is an Australian boy, 13 years old, visited Ria Bintan Club Med two weeks ago. His name is Daniel. Daniel wants to keep contact with GO ROTTO. So I sent
a fax to ROTTO at 27 Dec 2003 night. Also, I asked Taiwan GO Liga in Bintan to tell ROTTO about
the fax. However, both Liga and ROTTO do not give any reply yet.

Tonight, I will send one more fax to ROTTO. In the fax, ROTTO can find Daniel's phone number,
email address and fax number. Would you please telling ROTTO about the fax from Daneil ?

Thanks, thanks, thanks .....
Ric
520 Posts
Dec
Dear Maukitten,

Sorry, Daniel is 14 years old and he stayed Bintan Club Med from 09 Dec 2003 to 14 Dec 2003.
Maukitten
483 Posts
Dec
Hi Ric, hopefully you get this before I leave for Bintan (tomorrow morning early!)

Why don't you e-mail me Daniel's contact details, and I will personally make sure that Rotto gets them, and promises me to contact Daniel.

Mail me at [email protected], OK? I will be checking my mail from Bintan anyway, so can still receive your e-mail after tonight.

Yrs truly
Maukitten

Maukitten
483 Posts
Dec
sorry, Ric. My e-mail is :

[email protected]

(no comma after the my)

Yrs truly
Maukitten
Maukitten
483 Posts
Dec
Hi Lizzle, pity our planets are not in alignment. Will definitely give the heads up on Phuket GOs, but in the meantime, do check out Ric's post in the Bali forum under "Bali - solo rendezvous, Oct '03!" - he has kindly provided info on Phuket GOs as well as photos!

Yrs truly
Maukitten
zenis
118 Posts
Dec
maukitten!!
i'll be in Phuket 19th to 24th Jan! why don't we meet up then? i can't make it any other time because all the flights are booked out till the end of january...lol..it always seems like we're missing each other at the nearest times!
anyway, have fun in Bintan and happy new year :)

eta: i might be going back to bintan in april over easter...it'll either be bintan or the new cherating...
Madi
47 Posts
Dec
Hey guys. I have Daniels email address if you would like it maukitten. you can email me at: [email protected] :) Your lucky going 2 phuket! You can see Damian and anwar e.t.c. Do you also think you could send me a copy of the song 'chocolater' to my email address if thats ok?

Zenis, I am going to be in Bintan in february, and then i will be there in April for easter aswell. Maybe see u there!

Have fun guys!

Madi xxx

Madi
Ric
520 Posts
Dec
Dear Maukitten,
You are very nice.
I have just sent you an email. In the email, you can find Daniel's phone number, email address, fax number and the message from Daniel to Bintan GO Rotto. Thanks a lot. Have great fun in Bintan.
Ric
520 Posts
Dec
Dear Madi,
The New Zealand GO Damian in Phuket Club Med is very nice. He dances very well. There is always sweet smile in his face. I remembered that Damian could hold two cameras in his hands and took photos for GMs at the same time.

Dear Friends,
If you have time, please visit my web site. There are some Bali phtos, Bintan photos and Phuket photos. My website address is http://www.rcheng.ifitsa.com

Thanks.
Maukitten
483 Posts
Jan
Hi everyone!

Happy New Year 2004.

Just got back from Bintan yesterday. It was loads of fun. New Year's eve was such a party. It started with a fantastic seafood dinner (lobster, oysters, big shrimp etc) followed by "cocktails around the world". So we wandered around sampling all the cocktails (the caipirosca was v lethal because it was sweet, and I didn't realise how much alcohol was actually in it!). Went to the theatre for the show after that feeling particularly giggly - for the first time in a long long time, the show seemed extra funny!

We then had some dance floor thing outside near the pool ( I think - memory a bit hazy). Followed by the champagne fountain, and new year wishes from around the world in many many languages. Then it was the countdown! And on to the disco for a party which went on and on and on.

I dropped out early-ish at 2.30 a.m but I heard of people continuing till 7.30 a.m. A great time had by all!

Hope 2004 brings all of us more happy holidays!

Yrs truly
Maukitten
Maukitten
483 Posts
Jan
Oh, and Zenis. Pity we will be missing each other again! Unfortunately I can't go that week because it's Chinese New Year - gotta do the family thing. And high season rates apply to us that week as well.

Perhaps the re-opening of Cherating? Will post when I get more details.
Ric
520 Posts
Jan
Dear Maukitten,

Thanks for printing the GM Daniel's message to GO Rotto.

I am happy to see that you enjoy your Bintan vacation very much. I may go to Bintan again by the end of March 2004. It depends on my friends. If I go with my friends, I will go to Bintan because I think Bintan is good to new GMs. If I go alone, I will go to Faru.

Thanks again.
zenis
118 Posts
Jan
hey maukitten, glad you had a good time..i heard from a couple of the GOs that they did the show drunk..lol...so i guess it must've been more amusing than usual :)...i so wished i was there..!
too bad we won't be able to catch up in person in phuket...but im sure there'll be more opportunities this year...happy new year again :)
Madi
47 Posts
Jan
Maukitten,

thanx very much for the chocolate.mp3. I havent heard that for so long! cheers!

madi xx

Madi
Maukitten
483 Posts
Jan
Hi Madi, not at all! I know how you feel - I was so glad when I finally got the song. I had downloaded at least 10 wrong "chocolate" songs from Kazaa before that!

Zenis, haha! One of the GOs told me that he was actually afraid that he was going to throw up on stage while dancing. Poor chap! :-) Luckily he managed to avoid that.

Ric, not at all. Hope Daniel gets a reply soon. Have fun in either Bintan or Faru. If you are thinking of Faru, you might want to wait for the Solo Rendezvous week which is scheduled for sometime in April. That might be lots of fun if you are going alone.

Hmmm ... looks like we've sort of exhausted the Bintan topic. Should we start a poll to see who our fave GO this season is? 3 votes per person and I'll tally the scores after a week? No particular criteria for picking your favourites, just list 3 of them in no particular order of preference.
zenis
118 Posts
Jan
lol Maukitten...would that GO be Bazz by any chance? hell he's like an empty keg waiting to be filled every night...

btw did u manage to do the crazy signs i mentioned?
Maukitten
483 Posts
Jan
Nope, not Bazz! I'll PM you the name of the GO, in case he gets into any trouble over such things.

Yup, did the dangdut crazy signs - very fun. In fact they played all my fave songs :-)

Simpleplanfreak
122 Posts
Oct
Well..anyone mind telling me how exactly is ria Bintan like???
Ric
520 Posts
Oct
Hi Simpleplanfreak,

Bintan is a small comparing to other Club Med Villages (eg Bali and Phuket). It doen't take long time to walk from one area to another. It looks like a hotel resort rather than a Club Med village, but the activities, the GOs, the food, the beach ... are the same as other villages.
Simpleplanfreak
122 Posts
Oct
Really??meaning it isn't big??As in like how??Izzit anthing like Cherating??Do u noe any GO'S from Cherating this year that will b there next year??

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 7/27/2024 at 6:26:01 AM