Set above the clouds at 1,800 metres (5,900 ft), the archetypally Alpine resort of Avoriaz clings to the snowy mountainside and steep cliffs.
This white paradise stretches right down into the busy little streets where horsedrawn sleighs are the favoourite local transport. The Resort boasts a typically Alpine decor with its traditional wooden chalets and warm and cosy atmosphere.
The Portes du Soleil ski domain runs through the heart of this pedestrian resort and stretches right into Switzerland. Its pistes welcome families and skiers of all standards.
- At an altitude of 1800 m (5,900 ft), a Club Med Resort in the heart of an authentic pedestrian-only ski resort
- Warm, contemporary design by Gilles Leborgne
- Ski to your door, 650 kms (400 miles) of slopes leading right through to Switzerland.
- Snow garden for the younger children and Special Teenagers' Ski Programme
- Two restaurants, one of which serves Savoyard specialities
With its delicate prints and wooden furniture, this Club Room welcomes you in an atmosphere of cosy comfort
You may want to opt for a Valley View Club Room, an interconnecting Club Room, or a Family Club Room.
Contemporary design with warm colours and furniture made of quality wood. A spacious and cosy room with a view over the valley or resort.
A spacious 49 mÂ² (527 ftÂ²) Suite for premium comfort.
On the top floor of the hotel, with a separate lounge, this Suite gives you a fine view over the valley or resort from the balcony.
With a panoramic view over the ski slopes and valley, this restaurant has a great, laid-back atmosphere, and new dÃ©cor by Gilles Leborgne.
This restaurant serves Savoyard specialities (fondue and pierrade) in warm and cosy surroundings.
Booking compulsory, at Reception. Waiter service.
The "Tout Schuss"
At the heart of the Resort, this bar, renovated and redecorated by Gilles Leborgne, is open all day for a relaxing moment in a warm and friendly environment.
Every day, on your return from the slopes, enjoy a selection of sweet or savoury treats prepared by our G.O team.
- French-Swiss Portes du Soleil ski domain
- Altitude between 2,480m and 1,000m.
- 209 ski-lifts; 634 snow cannons; snowpark
- 650 km of ski runs: 28 black ; 100 red ; 111 blue ; 39 green
Sports and leisure
ALPINE SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING - Included in your package
All the sensations of the ski slopes, at your own pace.
Professional ski instructors, who are perfectly familiar with the ski domain, will guide you over the runs best suited to your level of skill, to ensure you progress safely but surely in the best possible conditions, in small groups of 12 people maximum.
- A test on the first morning will determine your level, and the right class for you:
> Beginners: this is your first experience of Alpine skiing
> Class 1: you can control your speed, and are at ease on blue runs
> Class 2: you can negotiate red runs at a reasonable speed
> Class 3: you are at ease on all runs
> Expert: you are at ease on all types of terrain and snow
- Top quality equipment* and the Ski ServiceÂ®*to ensure your satisfaction
- Organisation of tuition for a "normal" week:
From age 4, our group lessons last the whole day, for a period of 5 days and begin the day after main arrival day
> Ski lift pass included, valid for 6 days from the day after main arrival day
if you wish to ski on your day of arrival, you can purchase a one-day pass, on site.
> To guarantee beginners' progress, they are expected to start lessons the day after arrival at the Resort.
LEISURE / RELAXATION Included in your package:
Lounge and festive evenings
OTHER SPORTS Included in your package:
Intermediate/advanced: Special Teens Ski Programme
This Family Resort welcomes children from 4 months, with children's club facilities from 4 years old.
- Mini Club MedÂ® (from 4 to under 11)
- Juniors' Club MedÂ® (from 11 to under 18)