Club Med Cancun Yucatán

Feedback February 2012

shari
489 Posts
Feb
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
Just got back from Cancun on Saturday. Some good things, some bad things as well. Food has gone way downhill. I don't eat red meat, and when everything chicken mysteriously disappeared for 3 days straight, I was scrounging for protein. Upon asking a chef politely if I could get a simple piece of grilled chicken, I got a brash "no". Didn't know I needed to bring dietary supplements to a "luxury" all-inclusive resort :sarcasm: Has never been that bad. Even the breakfast croissants just tasted off. With a French head chef and sous-chef, that's a serious problem...

GOs are a pretty good bunch, saw some familiar faces from last year and past trips to other clubs.

A little tip: Wifi is like $60 or so for a week (saw tons of people Skyping on their Ipads at the pool...a little odd). Jade guests (and Gold members, I believe) get free wifi, BUT, if you have a room close enough to Jade (I stayed in Ambar) or find a nice spot nearby, you can grab a pretty decent signal (no password needed). Don't spread the word too much, but hey, wifi should be free for all guests. Makes it much easier to check in online before heading to the mess of an airport.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to try and answer.
Please login or register to reply
pasha
50 Posts
Mar
Shari, do you know who was on the waterski team and CV?

The croissants at CM cuncun always sucked....

shari
489 Posts
Mar
CdV is still Eduardo. Waterskiing I'm blanking on. I think the guy in charge was Fox. Maybe a Luis too.
pasha
50 Posts
Mar
quote:
Originally posted by shari

CdV is still Eduardo. Waterskiing I'm blanking on. I think the guy in charge was Fox. Maybe a Luis too.

I know Luis - he was doing snorkeling last year... do you know if the scuba operation is the same out of Playa?

shari
489 Posts
Mar
Scuba guy looked to me like the same guy I saw last February.
indiana
480 Posts
Mar
I would have talked to restaurant manager about the food. CDV receives many 'complaints' and he/she could be less receptive.

So, how was the ambiance at the bar, and at Chispa? The shows? Was CM spirit still alive? Any corkage fee?
shari
489 Posts
Mar
I did talk to a restaurant manager (or so I thought). Wasn't a language issue either. The CdV was travelling, so that wasn't even an option.

Ambiance depends on the night really. Last year the Chispa was 80% teen club every night. This year the crowd was a little older, but still not much activity. Part of it may be due to the fact that the DJ wasn't really playing to the crowd. Shows were almost exactly the same as ones we saw last February, so I wasn't really paying much attention. The circus show had some things I'd never seen before which were really cool!

Not sure on the corkage fee, but I'd be shocked if that was actually enforced. The white wine was as horrible as always, the red a bit better.

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/26/2024 at 10:31:50 AM