Club Med Columbus Isle

Room location

kbrote
20 Posts
Jul
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
I am about to book a week at Columbus Isle for next March. I think I want to request a Deluxe Sea View room. From what I have read these are on the second floor of the buildings and have decent ocean views. Any other location suggestions or advice concerning room type or locations to ask for or to avoid? Thanks!
Please login or register to reply
AmateurGO
560 Posts
Jul
We spend most of our time around the sailing shack and Sea Center, so we always ask for a room on the side of the village between village center and the Sea Center. A room on the far side of the village center would mean even more walking. If you were big on water skiing or tennis, a room on the North end (away from the Sea Center) might be better.

Amateur GO ( Professional GM )
http://www.hammocktree.us/amateurgos.jpg
ReefPolice
315 Posts
Jul

Depends on whether you want to be close to Sea Center for diving & Sailing shack (sailing; wind surfing) - all towards one end of Village; or water skiing (other end of Village); or prefer to be close to main restaurant/pool/bar area which is in center of Village. All the rooms are equally close to the beach & all have ocean views. It's just that the 2nd floor has a slightly better ocean view because higher up & the ocean view on the ground floor sometimes has a tree or something blocking a little. But ground floor easier in & out, & for 2nd floor you have to go up stairs - not a big deal but just depends on what you like. Otherwise all these "Club" rooms, whether "deluxe" or not are pretty similar. Some do have twin beds while others have queen size bed, so you can request which you prefer if that matters....

Adria

Adria
kbrote
20 Posts
Jul
Hi Adria. Thank you for the helpful info. I have read many of your posts regarding Columbus Isle and appreciate all the info you have provided. We have booked for next March 24-31. We decided on a club room with ocean view so I assume this will be the second floor of the buildings with a nice view but not right up next to the ocean. I plan to request rooms 422-435 so we can be mid way between the main area and scuba as we plan to dive twice a day for at least 2-3 days of our stay. Does this sound like a good plan? How is the weather in late March? can't wait!
Thanks,
Kathi
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Jul
Many people think that the Bahamas are in the Caribbean. They aren't. They are in the Atlantic Ocean. The water in March can be pretty cool. I'll let my scuba diver friends answer this, but wet suits may be appropriate. In terms of weather, you shouldn't see much rain. Highs are 79F (23C) with a low of 66F (19C).

John
ReefPolice
315 Posts
Jul
Weather on San Salvador Island, Bahamas (where Columbus Isle located) very similar to Miami Beach weather. It's true that the Bahamas are NOT in the Caribbean; they are east/southeast of South Florida, roughly comparable in length of the island chain from Palm Beach (Grand Bahama island) to down below the Florida Keys. Take a look at the map to see the range. Can be beautiful weather in March, or can be cool with rough ocean (even if sunny). Water temp in March usually in mid-70's; air temp usually warmer, can be high 70's - low 80's (can also be 60's, but not usually). Even in south Florida there can be great difference in temps in March, warmer the further south you go & warmest closer to the ocean. San Sal is pretty far South, but you'll need at least a 3mm wet suit in March, no doubt about it.

Adria
ReefPolice
315 Posts
Jul
quote:
Originally posted by kbrote

Hi Adria. Thank you for the helpful info. I have read many of your posts regarding Columbus Isle and appreciate all the info you have provided. We have booked for next March 24-31. We decided on a club room with ocean view so I assume this will be the second floor of the buildings with a nice view but not right up next to the ocean. I plan to request rooms 422-435 so we can be mid way between the main area and scuba as we plan to dive twice a day for at least 2-3 days of our stay. Does this sound like a good plan? How is the weather in late March? can't wait!
Thanks,
Kathi
<<<<<

Hi, Kathi:
I replied separately about the weather in March. As far as the room locations, the section you're planning to request is fine. There's a sidewalk along the beach area that makes it easy to walk anywhere - much more a direct route than the "inside passage" (as we call it) of the meandering walkways in front of the doors to the rooms. You'll learn your way around quickly; it's easy to find whatever you want.

One thing you might want to keep in the back of your mind is that I believe there is a plan to start renovating the rooms at Columbus Isle during the time the Village will be closed between the end of August & mid/late October this year. From what I've heard these will be primarily cosmetic upgrades to the bathrooms, etc., not major reconfigurations of the interior spaces. But it may be that the room categories (& corresponding prices) will change again after some or all of the rooms have been upgraded. So if you're making your requests now for next March, I don't know if the same rooms will be in the same categories by March. But I wouldn't worry about it; the buildings will be in the same places and the rooms will have the same view. Whether your room will have a renovated bathroom or not by next March shouldn't make all that much difference in terms of enjoying this beautiful Village.....

Adria

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/19/2024 at 4:23:31 PM