Club Med Columbus Isle

Scuba in July

ladydi
4 Posts
Apr
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
I am thinking about booking a trip to CI in the summer - probably around July. What is the diving like at this time of year - vis, temperature, choppy water, etc. Can I expect to see hammerheads at this time of year, or if not, what is most likely sightings? I have been to CI before - but it was April so could be completely different.
Please login or register to reply
ReefPolice
315 Posts
May
Yes, we have hammerheads in July; water will be much warmer & calmer than you had in April. If you're there in July, come say hello to us on the dive boat (follow the trail of M&M's - you'll find us)....

Adria
ladydi
4 Posts
May
Thanks for your response Adria! We've actually booked for Turquoise instead - logistics and cost was a factor. It's really challenging to get to CI from Toronto. When we went last time - 2006 - there was a charter from Toronto but now it has not been available for a long time.
ReefPolice
315 Posts
May
The Club has a weekly charter from Montreal to Columbus Isle, but not from Toronto. Some Toronto folks we know either go to Montreal, or else they just fly from Toronto to Ft. Lauderdale to catch the weekly Club charter flight to Columbus Isle from there. The other option is to book Columbus Isle for only the room, and make your own flight arrangements - you fly from Toronto to Nassau and then catch the daily Bahamasair flight from Nassau to San Salvador Island.
But if Turks is an easier trip for you, great! Hope you have a wonderful time....

Adria

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/25/2024 at 6:21:26 AM