Club Med Columbus Isle

November 13 - 20

sbphyn
57 Posts
Oct
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
I am going to CI for the first time and I am going by myself. Anyone going to be there? I am looking forward to trying a new property, but as I have heard it is predominantly honeymooners and scuba divers, I was hoping to find some other people to be able to meet up with! I can't wait... just booked today, only 2 weeks to go!
Please login or register to reply
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Oct
Yes to scuba divers; No to Honeymooners. When I was there, there was a wedding at the club, but I don't recall many honeymooners. Well, at least they never said that they were honeymooners. Quite a few French people. They have direct flights in.

John

PS: more Americans than any other nationality.
Robinpg
42 Posts
Nov
The few times I have been there (always in winter between Jan. and March) the vast majority of the guests are either French or French-Canadian, and not too many single people. I'm not sure what it's like in November. I suspect there are more Americans in the fall. It's a nice elegant club however, with a lovely beach. I hope this helps. Robin in NY
sbphyn
57 Posts
Nov
robin in ny! Thanks for the info! I am def looking forward to being able to practice my french! I had a blast making attempts when I was at La Caravelle! Fortunately everyone was very tolerant! I am just hoping I will find some fun people to hang out with part of the time and eat dinner with!
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Nov
sbphyn writes:

I am just hoping I will find some fun people to hang out with part of the time and eat dinner with!

That won't be a problem. I was there in 2003 and this morning, I got an email from a GM whom I met there. She lives in California. Usually I meet people through various activities, but I met this lady and two other good friends because we would frequently find ourselves in the same area around the pool. Good luck and have fun.

John

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/26/2024 at 7:45:05 PM