Club Med Columbus Isle

CI After X'mas

youngmc
2 Posts
Dec
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
My wife and I will be making our 2nd trip to CI after X'mas. Can't wait!

Three quick questions:

1. How are the wind and ocean conditions for sailing in Dec/Jan?

2. Do they still have self-served laundry facilities for GMs to use?

3. Do they still wear certain colors on specific evenings at dinner?

Looking forward to hearing from you all. Many thanks in advance.

8-)
MC
Please login or register to reply
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Dec
Welcome to CMP, youngmc!

I can only answer re. 3.
Sure, you'll have dress codes in all villages. As I gather from Flavia's last village (Turks), she will definitely have the Brazilian colours (white/green/yellow). Other than that, pack lots of white, black, elegant, etc., the themes you'll have in most if not all villages.

As for N° 1., maybe TanyaK, GO in the village this winter, will pop in and can tell you more about ocean/wind conditions.

Have a great holiday and please report back on how it was, once back. Thanks a bunch.
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Dec
Let me answer question 2. When I was there 4 years ago there were washers and dryers scattered throughout the village. I believed that they used either US quarters or tokens. They were used by GO's and GM's alike. I had a nice 30 minute conversation with a GO when we were both waiting for our laundry to finish.

Let us hope that "upscale" doesn't mean that they have removed the facilities.

John
Vinny
84 Posts
Dec
the wind and seas are fine that time of year,when it is poor it doesnt usually last more than a couple of days,there are self service washer and dryers scattered around,current dress code under Flavia is,,black and white,red and white,jeans and a white top,elegant,colors of Brazil-green,yellow,blue and white,coffee and cream,and all white,,hope this helps,see you soon

All who wander are not lost

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/20/2024 at 2:01:53 PM