Club Med Columbus Isle

Upgrade possible when prices drop?

Grafx
6 Posts
Nov
edf40wrjww2FORUM_TOPICS:T_MESSAGE
I booked and paid in full my trip to CI in Aug for a Dec 6 stay. When I checked the Club Med web site 2 days ago, I saw that the price of our stay dropped by $550 for the two of us! I called and they said since I had a special price when I booked, they wouldn't give a refund. Only new people got the lower price. I never saw a Club Med ad that didn't say that there was a special offer price. I don't think anyone pays the full rack rate.
Anyway, since we are only 2 weeks away from going, do you think they would offer at least a free room upgrade?
Please login or register to reply
HowiePA
394 Posts
Nov
It will probably depend on how full the place is and what is available. Doesn't hurt to ask when you get there, or send a fax directly to reception at the club now instead of talking to club med reservations and see what they think.
Kiki de M
2828 Posts
Nov
What Howie said.

Besides that, if you are a long standing GM, you get possibly upgraded or you get the best room available in the category you booked, if the place is not fully booked.

In September 2007 when going to Djerba-Méridiana, I had booked the cheapest category (hotel, garden view) and I got the most expensive category (bungalow, sea view). But then, I know the CDV and the GO in charge of the planning which helps.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday.
And please, once back home, let us know, if you got an upgrade.
John-Chicago
1356 Posts
Nov
Grafx writes:

I don't think anyone pays the full rack rate.

Yes, they do. Up until now, Club Med has been very rigid on pricing. They haven't been necessarily logical, but they have been rigid, with no discounting. When my travel agent checked the pricing for Phuket during a seven week period in January and February she found five different weekly rates. Interestingly, the rates were higher when she contacted Club Med direct than they were on the internet. She called it, Las Vegas pricing. You roll the dice and a price comes up.

Perhaps the club is finally feeling the pinch of the economy.

John
Grafx
6 Posts
Nov
The special price I got was diectly from the CM web site. I can see that if you got the price discounted through another site, they would not consider a change. When I searched for a discount on other sites, the lowest price was just the membership fee vaived.

© Club Med Planet - 2003-2024 - 4/26/2024 at 3:25:21 PM